miércoles, 3 de junio de 2009

Qualitative techniques

During the career I have had a lots of different subjects, and at the beginning those was very general and no so related with the career. For that reason, in the first year I didn´t like sociology very much, but I decided gave it a second opportunity and wait to know how were the subjects that would come later.

Now, in the third year, I have subjects more specifics about sociology, and I think that my favourite one it is “Qualitative techniques”, and it´s given by Klaudio Duarte.

I like it because consist of learn how to work with people to get valuable information of a particular theme, and it gives you the tools to work with different techniques of analysis to apprehend underlying phenomena to the obvious things.

On this semester on particular (in the second level of this subject: qualitative techniques II), I´ve learned these techniques: analysis of content, structural analysis of speech and based theory.

And this is my favourite subject.

1 comentario:

  1. Consuelo,
    It’s a good thing you like this subject since it will help you a lot when the time comes to write your thesis.
    Please have a look at the corrected version of your post and the notes below.

    Qualitative techniques
    During the career I have had (-)lots of different subjects, and at the beginning THEY WERE very general and no so related with the career. For that reason, in the first year I didn´t like sociology very much, but I decided TO GIVE it a second opportunity and wait to know WHAT the subjects that would come later WERE LIKE.

    Now, in MY third year, I have more SPECIFIC subjects about sociology, and I think that “Qualitative techniques” , which is given by Klaudio Duarte, is my favourite one.
    I like it because IT consistS of learnING how to work with people to get valuable information ABOUT a particular theme/TOPIC , and it gives you the tools to work with different techniques of analysis to apprehend underlying phenomena IN the obvious things.

    (-) This semester IN particular (in the second level of this subject: qualitative techniques II), I´ve learned these techniques: analysis of content, structural analysis of speech and based theory.

    (a lots of) : Say either ‘ a lot of’ or ‘lots of’
    And this is my favourite subject.
    ( I decided gave it): When you want to use a verb + an infinitive (to see/ to go). Ex. quería comprar/traté de ir/necesitábamos cambiar/tendrán que hacerlo /etc. = I wanted to buy/I tried to go/we needed to change/ they will have to do it
    Compare: the subject was / the subjects were (it was / they were)
    -When the answer is a description we ask: What is/are/was/were/will be ......... like?. Ex.
    -What is Pakistan like? He doesn’t know what Pakistan is like/ Tell me what they were like.
    -( subjects more specifics): BE CAREFUL: Adjectives never change, so they never add “s”. Ex. A boring film / many boring films
    -THIS SEMESTER I’ve learned: Good tense!

    ResponderEliminar